- 1 3/4 cup flour,
- 2 cup sugar,
- 1/2 cup oil,
- 1 teaspoon baking powder,
- 2 teaspoon baking soda,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1 cup coffee,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 cup sour milk,
- 3/4 cup cocoa,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Put everything in a large bowl and beat for two minutes.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, for 35 to 40 minutes.
Notes, hints, and substitutions:
- I have made this for 30 years. My friend Jane gave it to me.
- This is a very moist cake.
- You can use any regular cooking oil such as canola oil or olive oil
- Use pre-made or instant coffee. WARNING: Do NOT do what Danny did and use coffee grounds (what a surprise!).
- You can sour milk by adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice.